Last year’s routes were a big hit. We will continue to have the same routes for 2016 that will COOL you down if we have a heat spell and take you off the beaten-path on some exclusive best-kept-secret roads. We will have each route marked with a different colored arrow on the pavement, making easier for you new riders to stay on course. Here are some highlights:
1. A cool romp through the redwoods of West County at the tail-end of the Century route.
2. This Century may not have one big climb, but collectively, you’ll be gaining over 6,500 feet!
3. A trek down West Dry Creek. This beautiful route will take you through the Dry Creek Valley wine country.
4. Lunch stop in the heart of Dry Creek Valley. For the first time this year, there will be a misting tent at this rest stop for those who need some wonderful cool-down.
5. Escape route for Century riders. We’ve all had those days where we’re just not feeling it. If this happens to you, you can shave 25 miles off your ride skipping the West County route. Don’t worry, we won’t tell!
This new and improved route will take you through the wine regions of the Alexander Valley, Dry Creek Valley and Russian River Valley. Don’t be fooled by name term “Valleys”! This Century will challenge your endurance by taking you to very hilly West Sonoma County for the final 25 miles of your Century. Enjoy shady redwoods and coastal temperatures as you head over to the charming historical town of Occidental.
This beautiful metric century takes through the wine country regions of Alexander Valley and Dry Creek Valley. With only one climb, Chalk Hill, this metric century is great for beginners taking on their first metric century.
This route is great for families and beginning riders, but you better come ready to hit the hills! While you don’t have any major climbs, Vine Hill can be a doosey especially for those accustomed to riding on flats. For a more gradual climb, take Laguna Road instead and head right on Guerneville Road before meeting back up with the rest of the riders at Vine Hill Road.