Ride & Event Info
The ride is full but you can get on the WAITLIST HERE. Online Registration closes on September 20th at 11:59pm.
Changes to your route selection can be made up to your check in time. Note that there is no charge if you want to “downgrade” your ride (e.g., you signed up for the 100 miles but plan to ride the 100K). If you want to “upgrade” your ride, there will be a $25 processing fee which you can pay onsite.
Refunds and Transfers
There are no refunds. If you want to transfer your route to a friend, this will until September 20th with a $25 processing fee.
Before The Ride
Event Packet Pickup
Check-in on Friday, September 24th between 4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. at Epicenter 3215 Coffey Ln, Santa Rosa, CA.
Check-in Saturday, September 25th between 6:30 a.m.-8:30 a.m. at O’Reilly Media: 1005 Gravenstein Hwy N, Sebastopol, CA.
You will need to present your PHOTO ID. If you are picking up for someone else, you will need to bring a copy of their PHOTO ID and a signed waiver.
We strongly encourage riders to pick up their registration packets on Friday to avoid long lines Saturday morning. See the routes page for start times and rest stop hours.
Bibs and Ride Photographers
Bib Numbers will be issued to each registered rider, is your ticket to the GWC, and must be displayed to gain access to the ride activities and support.
Our photographers request that riders put their bibs on the front of their Jersey so they can capture the number. It makes it easier to search for their photos after the event.
We encourage you to carpool. Parking is available at O’Reilly Media with overflow parking options.
O’Reilly Media, Sebastopol
Address: 1005 Gravenstein Hwy N, Sebastopol, CA
Click here for a map to O’Reilly Media
Please be mindful of neighboring homes and businesses and park at O’Reilly Media or on public streets
During The Ride
Sonoma County’s back roads are very popular with cyclists. You may only visit here once or twice a year, but the residents along our route have cyclists–in large groups and small–passing their homes and farms and wineries every day. You can help us preserve friendly relations with our neighbors by being a good ambassador for cycling when you ride here. Our use of this route in the future may depend on your good cycling behavior now. Thank you for your cooperation!
- This is not a race!
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Ride single-file as much as possible.
- Stop and pull off the road for all emergency vehicles.
- If you must ride double at times, be vigilant for overtaking vehicles (including faster cyclists) and single up promptly.
- Please be courteous and friendly with all motorists and residents that you encounter. They are our neighbors.
- Participants are required to follow California Vehicle Code (CVC) regulations. More info here.
- A properly fitting, US CPSC-approved helmet is required at all times during the ride.
- It is your responsibility to bring a bicycle that is in safe working condition. Mechanics will be available at rest stops, but you should not plan to rely on this service.
- Class 1 and Class 3 ebikes, which are pedal assisted ebikes, are permitted to be ridden.
- Carry a pump (compatible with your valves), a minimum of one water bottle (we suggest two), a tire patch kit, and a properly sized spare tube.
- Always carry ID and emergency phone numbers for yourself. It makes good sense to also list your medical insurance carrier and your blood type.
- Helmets are mandatory.
- Ear buds are prohibited.
- We reserve the right to pull riders for flagrant traffic violations or for their own safety where they appear too debilitated to function responsibly/safely.
In addition, riders must wear their official bib number and it must be visible. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
After The Ride
Bike Valet opens at 10am for early finishers.
The Expo opens at 11:00 a.m. and closes at 5:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome so invite your family and friends! Enjoy the music, relax with a beer, have a plate of food, and celebrate the ride!
All riders receive a ticket for a post-ride meal from our food vendors and one beer ticket. Beer and food will be served until TIME riders who arrive by 4:30 p.m.
Family and friends may purchase meals directly from our food vendors. Additional soda tickets may be purchased for $2 and additional beer tickets for $4.
EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY
We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule an event when, at the sole discretion of the event organizers sole discretion, it is reasonably necessary to do so. Circumstances under which cancellation or rescheduling may occur include, but are not limited to, Acts of God, terrorism, community disasters, such as earthquake, fire or flooding, or other unforeseen events reasonably likely to compromise the safety of participants or otherwise interfere with the ability to hold the event. Inclement weather alone will generally not result in a cancellation. Events are held rain or shine. If the event is cancelled: 1. Participants will be notified as soon as possible. 2. Depending on the situation, full or partial refunds may be issued at our sole discretion. We must honor commitments and contracts many of which are paid in advance of the event and non-refundable and cannot bear the risk of a disaster alone. Each participant accepts the risk of losing his or her registration fee or other incidental expenses related to participation in the event should circumstances warranting cancellation arise. Thanks for your support and understanding.